Lesson 2 Managing Computers Remotely with the MMC 2-9 Lesson 2: Managing Computers Remotely with the MMC
Perhaps you work in a peer-to-peer network and need to help other users create user accounts or groups on their computers to share local folders. You can save yourself a trip to your coworkers’ offices by connecting to the users’ computers with your Computer Management console (as shown in Figure 2-3). Or perhaps you need to format drives or perform other tasks on a remote computer. You can perform almost any task on a remote computer that you can perform locally. Figure 2-3 Connecting to a user’s computer with the Computer Management console After this lesson, you will be able to ■ Construct an MMC to manage a computer remotely Estimated lesson time: 10 minutes
Setting Up the Snap-In for Remote Use
To connect to and manage another system using the Computer Management console, you must launch the console with an account that has administrative credentials on the remote computer. If your credentials do not have elevated privileges on the target computer, you will be able to load the snap-in, but will not be able to read information from the target computer.
2-10 Chapter 2 Administering Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Tip You can use Run As, or secondary logon, to launch a console with credentials other than those with which you are currently logged on. When you’re ready to manage the remote system, you may open an existing console with the snap-in loaded, or configure a new MMC with a snap-in that you configure for remote connection when you build the console. If you configure an existing Computer Management console, for example, follow these steps:
1. Open the Computer Management console by right-clicking My Computer and choosing Manage from the shortcut menu.
2. Right-click Computer Management in the tree pane and choose Connect To Another Computer.
3. In the dialog box shown in Figure 2-4, type the name or IP address of the computer or browse the network for it, and then click OK to connect. Figure 2-4 Setting the Local/Remote Context for a snap-in Once connected, you can perform administrative tasks on the remote computer.
Practice: Adding a Remote Computer for Management (Optional) Note This practice requires that you have a computer available for remote connection, and that you have administrative privileges on that computer. Exercise 1: Connecting Remotely with the MMC
In this exercise, you will modify an existing MMC to connect to a remote computer.
1. Open the saved MMC from the exercise in Lesson 1 (MyEvents).
2. From the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-In.
3. In the Add/Remove Snap-In dialog box, click Add to display the Add Standalone Snap-In dialog box.
Lesson 2 Managing Computers Remotely with the MMC 2-11 4. Locate the Computer Management snap-in, and then click Add.
5. In the Computer Management dialog box, select Another Computer.
6. Type the name or IP address of the computer, or browse the network for it, and then click Finish to connect.
7. Click Close in the Add Standalone Snap-In dialog box, then click OK to load the Computer Management snap-in to your MyEvents console.
You can now use the management tools to administer the remote computer.
The following questions are intended to reinforce key information presented in this lesson. If you are unable to answer a question, review the lesson materials and try the question again. You can find answers to the questions in the “Questions and Answers” section at the end of this chapter.
1. What credentials are required for administration of a remote computer using the MMC?
2. Can an existing MMC snap-in be changed from local to remote context, or must a snap-in of the same type be loaded into the MMC for remote connection?
3. Are all functions within a snap-in used on a local computer usable when connected remotely?
The MMC is able to load many different tools in the form of snap-ins. Some of these snap-ins are programmed with the ability to connect either to the local computer or to remote computers. The connection to a remote computer can be established when the snap-in is loaded, or after loading by right-clicking the snap-in and choosing Connect. You must have administrative privileges on the remote computer to use any tools affecting the configuration of the remote computer.
注册－收款工具那么多，为何选择Payoneer？ ｜ 为何申请Payoneer万事达预付卡+欧美日收款银行账号？
Payoneer有卡账户和无卡账户的区别 ｜ Payoneer个人账户注册申请教程 ｜ P卡公司帐户注册教程
Payoneer欧元帐户（虚拟卡） ｜ Payoneer英镑帐户 ｜ Payoneer日元帐户 ｜ 订购实体卡（P卡）
Payoneer卡年费啥时候扣？ ｜ Payoneer卡休眠和激活 ｜ P卡到期后如何更换？ ｜ 如何注销P卡？
官方－Payoneer秉承公正、公开、透明服务 ｜ Payoneer官方最新政策汇总 ｜ 官方客服联系方式
Payoneer官方费用表 ｜ 如何减少Payoneer的手续费？ ｜ 点此免除入账费 ｜ 点此降低提现费
跨境收款服务商拷问篇——Payoneer ｜ Payoneer客户答疑手册（FAQ） ｜ Payoneer手机App
收款－跨境电商/外贸收款方式对比 ｜ Payoneer可以错名收款吗？
Amazon亚马逊卖家设置Payoneer卡收款教程 ｜ Payoneer支持从美国电商平台Newegg收款
CJ联盟设置Payoneer卡收款 ｜ ClickBank联盟设置Payoneer收款 ｜ Amazon联盟设置P卡收款
Payoneer如何从东南亚电商平台Lazada收款 ｜ 如何在Lazada开店？
Payoneer如何从拉美电商平台Linio收款？ ｜ Payoneer绑定非洲电商平台Jumia收款
Payoneer如何从跨境移动电商Wish收款？ ｜ Wish模式正在改变电商格局
Payoneer支持从法国乐天Priceminister收款 ｜ 法国电商平台CDiscount对接Payoneer收款
Payoneer可接受个人与公司信用卡付款（请求付款） ｜ 关于Payoneer卡充值
从PayPal提现到Payoneer卡教程及手续费用 ｜ PayPal无法绑定并转账到Payoneer卡？
提现－从Payoneer卡提现到国内银行账户 ｜ Payoneer无法从Dating联盟收款并限制提现方式
用P卡在中国银行ATM机取款4000元 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在中国建设银行ATM机取款500元