In this practice, you will configure a shared folder and modify the share permissions. You will then connect to the share and simulate the common procedures used before taking a server offline.
Exercise 1: Share a Folder
1. Create a folder on your C drive called Docs. Do not share the folder yet.
2. Open the Manage Your Server page from Administrative Tools.
6-10 Chapter 6 Files and Folders 3. In the File Server category, click Manage This File Server. If your server is not con-figured with the File Server role, you can add the role or launch the File Server Management console using the following Tip. Tip The File Server Management console is a really nice console, so you might want to create a shortcut to it for easier access. The path to the console is %SystemRoot%\System32 \Filesvr.msc. 4. Select the Shares node.
5. Choose Add A Shared Folder from the task list in the details pane. There are equivalent commands for adding a shared folder in the Action and the shortcut menus as well.
6. The Share A Folder Wizard appears. Click Next.
7. Type the path c:\docs and then click Next.
8. Accept the default share name, docs, and then click Next.
9. On the Permissions page, click Use Custom Share And Folder Permissions and then click Customize.
10. Click the check box to Allow Full Control and then click OK.
11. Click Finish, and then click Close.
Exercise 2: Connect to a Shared Folder
1. In the File Server Management console, click the Sessions node. If the node shows any sessions, click Disconnect All Sessions, from the task list, and then click Yes to confirm.
2. Choose the Run command from the Start menu. Type the UNC to the shared folder \\server01\docs, and then click OK.
By using a UNC rather than a physical path, such as c:\docs, you create a network connection to the shared folder, just as a user would.
3. In the File Server Management console, click the Sessions node. Notice you are now listed as maintaining a session with the server. You may need to refresh the console by pressing F5 to see the change.
4. Click the Open Files node. Notice that you are listed as having c:\docs open.
Exercise 3: Simulate Preparing to Take a Server Offline
1. Right-click the Shares node in the File Server Management console and, from the All Tasks menu, choose Send Console Message.
Lesson 1 Setting Up Shared Folders 6-11 Tip The Messenger service must be running on the computers that are to receive the message. Because it is not expected that a human being will be interactively logged on to the con-sole of a server, the Messenger service is disabled by default. To send a message to yourself in this exercise, you must use the Services console to configure the Messenger service to start automatically or manually, and then start the service. 2. Type a message indicating that the server is being taken offline and that users should save their work.
3. Click Send.
If you have a second system available, you can simulate the scenario more realistically by connecting to the docs share and sending a message to that system.
4. Click the Open Files node.
5. Select the c:\docs file that is opened through your connection to the shared folder.
6. Close the open file. There are appropriate commands in the Action menu, the task list, and the shortcut menu.
7. Select the Sessions node.
8. Click Disconnect All Sessions in the task list. At this point, you can take the file server offline.
The following questions are intended to reinforce key information presented in this lesson. If you are unable to answer a question, review the lesson materials and try the question again. You can find answers to the questions in the “Questions and Answers” section at the end of this chapter.
1. Which of the following tools allows you to administer a share on a remote server? Select all that apply.
a. The Shared Folders snap-in.
b. Windows Explorer running on the local machine, connected to the remote server’s share or hidden drive share.
c. Windows Explorer running on the remote machine in a Terminal Services or Remote Desktop session.
d. The File Server Management console.
6-12 Chapter 6 Files and Folders 2. A folder is shared on a FAT32 volume. The Project Managers group is given Allow Full Control permission. The Project Engineers group is given Allow Read permission. Julie belongs to the Project Engineers group. She is promoted and is added to the Project Managers group. What are her effective permissions to the folder?
3. A folder is shared on a NTFS volume, with the default share permissions. The Project Managers group is given Allow Full Control NTFS permission. Julie, who belongs to the Project Managers group, calls to report problems creating files in the folder. Why can’t Julie create files?
■ Windows Explorer can only be used to configure shares on a local volume. This means you must be logged on locally (interactively) to the server, or using Remote Desktop (terminal services) to use Explorer to manage shares.
■ The Shared Folders snap-in allows you to manage shares on a local or remote computer.
■ You can create a hidden share that does not appear on browse lists by adding a dollar sign ($) to the end of the share name. Connections to the share use the UNC format: \\servername\sharename$.
■ Share permissions define the maximum effective permissions for all files and folders accessed by the Client for Microsoft Networks connection to the shared folder.
■ Share permissions do not apply to local (interactive), terminal services, IIS, or other types of access.
注册－收款工具那么多，为何选择Payoneer？ ｜ 为何申请Payoneer万事达预付卡+欧美日收款银行账号？
Payoneer有卡账户和无卡账户的区别 ｜ Payoneer个人账户注册申请教程 ｜ P卡公司帐户注册教程
Payoneer欧元帐户（虚拟卡） ｜ Payoneer英镑帐户 ｜ Payoneer日元帐户 ｜ 订购实体卡（P卡）
Payoneer卡年费啥时候扣？ ｜ Payoneer卡休眠和激活 ｜ P卡到期后如何更换？ ｜ 如何注销P卡？
官方－Payoneer秉承公正、公开、透明服务 ｜ Payoneer官方最新政策汇总 ｜ 官方客服联系方式
Payoneer官方费用表 ｜ 如何减少Payoneer的手续费？ ｜ 点此免除入账费 ｜ 点此降低提现费
跨境收款服务商拷问篇——Payoneer ｜ Payoneer客户答疑手册（FAQ） ｜ Payoneer手机App
收款－跨境电商/外贸收款方式对比 ｜ Payoneer可以错名收款吗？
Amazon亚马逊卖家设置Payoneer卡收款教程 ｜ Payoneer支持从美国电商平台Newegg收款
CJ联盟设置Payoneer卡收款 ｜ ClickBank联盟设置Payoneer收款 ｜ Amazon联盟设置P卡收款
Payoneer如何从东南亚电商平台Lazada收款 ｜ 如何在Lazada开店？
Payoneer如何从拉美电商平台Linio收款？ ｜ Payoneer绑定非洲电商平台Jumia收款
Payoneer如何从跨境移动电商Wish收款？ ｜ Wish模式正在改变电商格局
Payoneer支持从法国乐天Priceminister收款 ｜ 法国电商平台CDiscount对接Payoneer收款
Payoneer可接受个人与公司信用卡付款（请求付款） ｜ 关于Payoneer卡充值
从PayPal提现到Payoneer卡教程及手续费用 ｜ PayPal无法绑定并转账到Payoneer卡？
提现－从Payoneer卡提现到国内银行账户 ｜ Payoneer无法从Dating联盟收款并限制提现方式
用P卡在中国银行ATM机取款4000元 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在中国建设银行ATM机取款500元