In this practice, you will troubleshoot a realistic scenario. A user in the contoso.com domain contacts you and complains that, when logging on to Desktop03, he or she receives the following error message:
“Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact your system administrator for assistance.”
The user waited, attempted to log on, received the same message, waited again, and then received the same message a third time. The user has now spent 20 minutes trying to log on. In obvious frustration, the user contacts you for assistance.
Exercise 1: Troubleshooting Computer Accounts
1. Identify the most likely cause of the user’s problem:
a. The user entered an invalid user name.
b. The user entered an invalid password.
c. The user chose the incorrect domain from the Log On To list.
d. The computer has lost its secure channel with the domain.
e. The computer’s registry is corrupted.
f. The computer has a policy preventing the user from logging on interactively.
The correct answer, as you can probably deduce, is d. The computer has lost its secure channel with the domain.
2. Identify the steps from the list below that you must take to troubleshoot the problem. Put the steps in order. You may not require all steps.
a. Enable the computer account.
b. Change Desktop03 to belong to contoso.com.
c. Determine whether the computer account exists in Active Directory.
d. Reset or re-create the computer account.
Lesson 3 Troubleshooting Computer Accounts 5-23 e. Change Desktop03 to a workgroup.
f. Delete the computer account.
g. Disable the computer account.
The correct answer is steps e, c, d, and b. Step e does not have to occur first; it just has to be done anytime before step b. Steps c and d must occur, in that order, before step b, which must be the last step.
Exercise 2: Recover from Computer Account Problems
1. Open Active Directory Users And Computers.
2. Click Find Objects In Active Directory and search for Desktop03.
3. Desktop03 appears in the search results because you created it in Lesson 1.
4. Having identified that the account does exist, reset the account by right-clicking Desktop03 and choosing Reset Account.
The following questions are intended to reinforce key information presented in this lesson. If you are unable to answer a question, review the lesson materials and try the question again. You can find answers to the questions in the “Questions and Answers” section at the end of this chapter.
1. After a period of expansion, your company created a second domain. Last week-end, a number of machines that had been in your domain were moved to the new domain. When you open Active Directory Users And Computers, the objects for those machines are still in your domain, and are displayed with a red “X” icon. What is the most appropriate course of action?
a. Enable the accounts
b. Disable the accounts
c. Reset the accounts
d. Delete the accounts
2. A user reports that during a logon attempt, a message indicated that the computer cannot contact the domain because the domain controller is down or the computer account may be missing. You open Active Directory Users And Computers and discover that the account for that computer is missing. What steps should you take?
5-24 Chapter 5 Computer Accounts 3. A user reports that during a logon attempt, a message indicates that the computer cannot contact the domain because the domain controller is down or the computer account may be missing. You open Active Directory Users and Computers and that computer’s account appears normal. What steps should you take?
■ Computers maintain accounts that, like users, include a SID and group member-ships. Be careful about deleting computer objects. Disabling computer objects allows you to enable the objects again, when the computer needs to participate in the domain.
■ Problems with computer accounts are generally quite evident, with error messages and events logged that indicate problems in an account, a password, a secure channel or a trust relationship.
■ Using the four rules in Lesson 3, you can troubleshoot just about any computer account problem.
注册－收款工具那么多，为何选择Payoneer？ ｜ 为何申请Payoneer万事达预付卡+欧美日收款银行账号？
Payoneer有卡账户和无卡账户的区别 ｜ Payoneer个人账户注册申请教程 ｜ P卡公司帐户注册教程
Payoneer欧元帐户（虚拟卡） ｜ Payoneer英镑帐户 ｜ Payoneer日元帐户 ｜ 订购实体卡（P卡）
Payoneer卡年费啥时候扣？ ｜ Payoneer卡休眠和激活 ｜ P卡到期后如何更换？ ｜ 如何注销P卡？
官方－Payoneer秉承公正、公开、透明服务 ｜ Payoneer官方最新政策汇总 ｜ 官方客服联系方式
Payoneer官方费用表 ｜ 如何减少Payoneer的手续费？ ｜ 点此免除入账费 ｜ 点此降低提现费
跨境收款服务商拷问篇——Payoneer ｜ Payoneer客户答疑手册（FAQ） ｜ Payoneer手机App
收款－跨境电商/外贸收款方式对比 ｜ Payoneer可以错名收款吗？
Amazon亚马逊卖家设置Payoneer卡收款教程 ｜ Payoneer支持从美国电商平台Newegg收款
CJ联盟设置Payoneer卡收款 ｜ ClickBank联盟设置Payoneer收款 ｜ Amazon联盟设置P卡收款
Payoneer如何从东南亚电商平台Lazada收款 ｜ 如何在Lazada开店？
Payoneer如何从拉美电商平台Linio收款？ ｜ Payoneer绑定非洲电商平台Jumia收款
Payoneer如何从跨境移动电商Wish收款？ ｜ Wish模式正在改变电商格局
Payoneer支持从法国乐天Priceminister收款 ｜ 法国电商平台CDiscount对接Payoneer收款
Payoneer可接受个人与公司信用卡付款（请求付款） ｜ 关于Payoneer卡充值
从PayPal提现到Payoneer卡教程及手续费用 ｜ PayPal无法绑定并转账到Payoneer卡？
提现－从Payoneer卡提现到国内银行账户 ｜ Payoneer无法从Dating联盟收款并限制提现方式
用P卡在中国银行ATM机取款4000元 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在中国建设银行ATM机取款500元