In this practice, you will create three user objects. You will then modify properties of those objects.
Exercise 1: Create User Objects
1. Log on to Server01 as an administrator.
2. Open Active Directory Users And Computers.
3. Select the Employees OU.
Lesson 1 Creating and Managing User Objects 3-11 4. Create a user account with the following information, ensuring that you use a strong password:
Text Box Name Type
First Name Dan Last Name Holme User Logon Name Dan.Holme User Logon Name (Pre-Windows 2000) Dholme
5. Create a second user object with the following properties:
First Name Hank Last Name Carbeck User Logon Name Hank.Carbeck User Logon Name (Pre-Windows 2000) Hcarbeck
6. Create a user object for yourself, following the same conventions for user logon names as you did for the first two objects.
Exercise 2: Modify User Object Properties
1. Open the Properties dialog box for your user object.
2. Configure the appropriate properties for your user object on the General, Address, Profile, Telephones, and Organization tabs.
3. Examine the many properties associated with your user object, but do not change any other properties yet.
4. Click OK when finished.
3-12 Chapter 3 User Accounts Exercise 3: Modify Multiple User Objects’ Properties
1. Open Active Directory Users And Computers and navigate to the Contoso.com Employees OU. Select the Employees OU in the tree pane, which will list the user objects you created in Exercise 1 in the details pane.
2. Click Dan Holme’s user object.
3. Hold the CTRL key and click Hank Carbeck’s user object.
4. Click the Action menu, and then click Properties.
5. Notice the difference between the Properties dialog box here, and the more extensive properties dialog box you explored in Exercise 2. Examine the properties that are available when multiple objects are selected, but do not modify any properties yet.
6. Configure the following properties for the two user objects:
Property Page Property Type
General Telephone Number General Web Page
Address Street Address City Address State/Province Address ZIP/Postal Code Organization Title Organization Company
Taught me everything I needed to know about Windows Server 2003
One Microsoft Way Redmond Washington 98052 Author Microsoft Press
7. Click OK when you finish configuring the properties.
8. Open the properties of the object Dan Holme.
9. Confirm that the properties you configured in step 6 did, in fact, apply to the object. Click OK when you are finished.
10. Click Dan Holme’s user object.
11. Hold the CTRL key and click Hank Carbeck’s user object. Click the Action menu.
12. Notice that the Reset Password command is not available when you have selected more than one user object. What other commands are not available when multi-selecting? Experiment by selecting one user, opening the Action menu, then selecting two users and opening the Action menu.
Lesson 1 Creating and Managing User Objects 3-13 Lesson Review
The following questions are intended to reinforce key information presented in this lesson. If you are unable to answer a question, review the lesson materials and try the question again. You can find answers to the questions in the “Questions and Answers” section at the end of this chapter.
1. You are using Active Directory Users And Computers to configure user objects in your domain, and you are able to change the address and telephone number properties of the user object representing yourself. However, the New User command is unavailable to you. What is the most likely explanation?
2. You are creating a number of user objects for a team of your organization’s temporary workers. They will work daily from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on a contract that is scheduled to begin in one month and end two months later. They will not work outside of that schedule. Which of the following properties should you configure initially to ensure maximum security for the objects?
b. Logon Hours
c. Account expires
d. Store password using reversible encryption
e. Account is trusted for delegation
f. User must change password at next logon
g. Account is disabled
h. Password never expires
3-14 Chapter 3 User Accounts 3. Which of the following properties and administrative tasks can be configured or performed simultaneously on more than one user object?
a. Last Name
b. User Logon Name
c. Disable Account
d. Enable Account
e. Reset Password
f. Password Never Expires
g. User Must Change Password At Next Logon
h. Logon Hours
i. Computer Restrictions (Logon Workstations)
k. Direct Reports
■ You must be a member of the Enterprise Admins, Domain Admins, or Account Operators groups, or you must have been delegated administrative permissions to create user objects.
■ User objects include the properties typically associated with a user “account,” including logon names and password, and the unique SID for the user.
■ User objects also include properties related to the individuals they represent, including personal information, group membership, and administrative settings. Windows Server 2003 allows you to change some of these properties for multiple users, simultaneously.
注册－收款工具那么多，为何选择Payoneer？ ｜ 为何申请Payoneer万事达预付卡+欧美日收款银行账号？
Payoneer有卡账户和无卡账户的区别 ｜ Payoneer个人账户注册申请教程 ｜ P卡公司帐户注册教程
Payoneer欧元帐户（虚拟卡） ｜ Payoneer英镑帐户 ｜ Payoneer日元帐户 ｜ 订购实体卡（P卡）
Payoneer卡年费啥时候扣？ ｜ Payoneer卡休眠和激活 ｜ P卡到期后如何更换？ ｜ 如何注销P卡？
官方－Payoneer秉承公正、公开、透明服务 ｜ Payoneer官方最新政策汇总 ｜ 官方客服联系方式
Payoneer官方费用表 ｜ 如何减少Payoneer的手续费？ ｜ 点此免除入账费 ｜ 点此降低提现费
跨境收款服务商拷问篇——Payoneer ｜ Payoneer客户答疑手册（FAQ） ｜ Payoneer手机App
收款－跨境电商/外贸收款方式对比 ｜ Payoneer可以错名收款吗？
Amazon亚马逊卖家设置Payoneer卡收款教程 ｜ Payoneer支持从美国电商平台Newegg收款
CJ联盟设置Payoneer卡收款 ｜ ClickBank联盟设置Payoneer收款 ｜ Amazon联盟设置P卡收款
Payoneer如何从东南亚电商平台Lazada收款 ｜ 如何在Lazada开店？
Payoneer如何从拉美电商平台Linio收款？ ｜ Payoneer绑定非洲电商平台Jumia收款
Payoneer如何从跨境移动电商Wish收款？ ｜ Wish模式正在改变电商格局
Payoneer支持从法国乐天Priceminister收款 ｜ 法国电商平台CDiscount对接Payoneer收款
Payoneer可接受个人与公司信用卡付款（请求付款） ｜ 关于Payoneer卡充值
从PayPal提现到Payoneer卡教程及手续费用 ｜ PayPal无法绑定并转账到Payoneer卡？
提现－从Payoneer卡提现到国内银行账户 ｜ Payoneer无法从Dating联盟收款并限制提现方式
用P卡在中国银行ATM机取款4000元 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在中国建设银行ATM机取款500元