In this practice, you will create computer accounts using Active Directory Users and Computers and DSADD. You then can join a computer to the domain, if you have access to a second system.
Exercise 1: Creating Computer Accounts with Active Directory Users and Computers
1. Open Active Directory Users And Computers
2. In the Servers OU, create a computer object for a computer named “SERVER02.” Configure only the computer name. Do not change any of the other default properties.
Note that, like a user, a computer has two names—the computer name and the “Pre–Windows 2000” computer name. It is a best practice to keep the names the same.
Exercise 2: Creating Computer Accounts with DSADD
1. Open the command prompt.
2. Type the command:
dsadd computer ?cn=desktop03,ou=servers,dc=contoso,dc=com?
5-10 Chapter 5 Computer Accounts Exercise 3: Moving a Computer Object
1. Open Active Directory Users And Computers.
2. Using the Move command, move the Desktop03 computer object from the Servers OU to the Desktops OU.
3. Drag Server02 from the Servers container to the Computers container.
4. Select the Computers container to confirm that Server02 arrived in the right place. Drag-and-drop is, of course, subject to user error. Off the Record The MMC is notorious for causing mild panic attacks. It does not refresh automatically. You must use the Refresh command or shortcut key (F5) to refresh the console after making a change such as moving an object. 5. Open the properties of the Computers container. You will see that it does not have a Group Policy tab, unlike an OU such as Servers. This is among the reasons why organizations create one or more additional OUs for computer objects.
6. Open a command prompt.
7. Type the command:
dsmove ?CN=Server02,CN=Computers,DC=contoso,DC=com? -newparent ?OU=Servers,DC=contoso,DC=com?
This command, as you can deduce, will move the computer object back to the Servers OU.
8. Confirm that the computer is again in the Servers OU.
Exercise 4 (Optional): Join a Computer to a Domain
This exercise requires an additional system with network connectivity to Server01. In addition, DNS must be configured correctly so that Server01’s service records (SRV) are created. The additional computer must have DNS configured so that it can locate Server01 as a domain controller for contoso.com.
1. If you have an additional system that you are able to join to the domain in the next exercise, create an account for it in the Desktops OU using either Active Directory Users And Computers or DSADD. Be certain that the name you use is the same name as the computer.
2. Log on to the computer. You must log on as an account with membership in the computer’s local Administrators group to change its domain membership.
Lesson 1 Joining a Computer to a Domain 5-11 3. Locate the Computer Name tab by opening System from Control Panel, or the Network Identification command from the Advanced menu of the Network Con nections folder.
4. Click Change.
5. Click Domain and type the DNS domain name, contoso.com.
6. Click OK.
7. When prompted, enter the credentials for the contoso.com domain’s Administrator account.
8. Click OK.
9. The computer will prompt you that a reboot is necessary. Click OK to each mes sage and to close each dialog box. Reboot the system.
The following questions are intended to reinforce key information presented in this lesson. If you are unable to answer a question, review the lesson materials and try the question again. You can find answers to the questions in the “Questions and Answers” section at the end of this chapter.
1. What are the minimum credentials necessary to create a Windows Server 2003 computer account in an OU in a domain? Consider all steps of the process. Assume Active Directory does not yet have an account for the computer.
a. Domain Admins
b. Enterprise Admins
c. Administrators on a domain controller
d. Account Operators on a domain controller
e. Server Operators on a domain controller
f. Account Operators on the server
g. Server Operators on the server
h. Administrators on the server
2. Which locations allow you to change the domain membership of a Windows Server 2003 computer?
a. The properties of My Computer
b. Control Panel’s System application
c. Active Directory Users and Computers
d. The Network Connections folder
e. The Users application in Control Panel
5-12 Chapter 5 Computer Accounts 3. What command-line tools will create a domain computer account in Active Directory?
■ Members of the Administrators and Account Operators groups have, by default, permission to create computer objects in Active Directory.
■ Active Directory Users And Computers, DSADD, and NETDOM can be used to create computer accounts.
■ You must be logged on as a member of the local Administrators group to change the domain membership of a machine.
注册－收款工具那么多，为何选择Payoneer？ ｜ 为何申请Payoneer万事达预付卡+欧美日收款银行账号？
Payoneer有卡账户和无卡账户的区别 ｜ Payoneer个人账户注册申请教程 ｜ P卡公司帐户注册教程
Payoneer欧元帐户（虚拟卡） ｜ Payoneer英镑帐户 ｜ Payoneer日元帐户 ｜ 订购实体卡（P卡）
Payoneer卡年费啥时候扣？ ｜ Payoneer卡休眠和激活 ｜ P卡到期后如何更换？ ｜ 如何注销P卡？
官方－Payoneer秉承公正、公开、透明服务 ｜ Payoneer官方最新政策汇总 ｜ 官方客服联系方式
Payoneer官方费用表 ｜ 如何减少Payoneer的手续费？ ｜ 点此免除入账费 ｜ 点此降低提现费
跨境收款服务商拷问篇——Payoneer ｜ Payoneer客户答疑手册（FAQ） ｜ Payoneer手机App
收款－跨境电商/外贸收款方式对比 ｜ Payoneer可以错名收款吗？
Amazon亚马逊卖家设置Payoneer卡收款教程 ｜ Payoneer可提供亚马逊KYC审核所需银行账单
CJ联盟设置Payoneer卡收款 ｜ ClickBank联盟设置Payoneer收款 ｜ Amazon联盟设置P卡收款
Payoneer如何从东南亚电商平台Lazada收款 ｜ 如何在Lazada开店？
Payoneer如何从拉美电商平台Linio收款？ ｜ Payoneer绑定非洲电商平台Jumia收款
Payoneer如何从跨境移动电商Wish收款？ ｜ Wish模式正在改变电商格局
Payoneer支持从法国乐天Priceminister收款 ｜ 法国电商平台CDiscount对接Payoneer收款
如何使用Payoneer请求付款？ ｜ 关于Payoneer卡充值
从PayPal提现到Payoneer卡教程及手续费用 ｜ PayPal无法绑定并转账到Payoneer卡？
提现－从Payoneer卡提现到国内银行账户 ｜ Payoneer无法从Dating联盟收款并限制提现方式
用P卡在中国银行ATM机取款4000元 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在中国建设银行ATM机取款500元
消费－Payoneer为卖家提供更便捷的VAT缴费方案 ｜ 用Payoneer卡在GoDaddy买域名主机教程